Kelvorn, a Human Champion, is my first MMO character, and I still have a ton of memories being a noob with him. So, I feel a bit guilty for benching him in favor of Scorbo, my Hobbit Burglar. I mean the toon has been sitting at level 31 since July 2007. That’s more than 5 years, and it’s about time to dust him off.
Today, I looked into Kelvorn again, and you would’ve laughed at me if you saw his traits panel. Noob was written all over it. But while it looked pretty bad, I think Kelvorn can still be salvaged. It will be tough, yes. But still doable. So, this will be my little project, to fix Kelvorn and put him back on the front lines once more.
I had a hard time trying to figure out where to begin fixing Kelvorn. Not only have I played this character for sometime, but he’s also very broken. I did, eventually, come up with a list of things that I want to address first.
- Hotbar Skills – Before I can do anything, I need to figure what goes into 1-0 slots of my hotbar. Right now, I’ve way too many skills that I don’t know about. So, I have to painstakingly try each one of them to figure out what I like and don’t like.
- Class Traits – I only have 3 unlocked traits right now, and one from each set too. So, I can’t gain any trait set bonuses. I really have to work on this once I figure out what skills I want to use.
- Virtues – I’m all over the place with this one as well. All the ones that I should have are only at level 2 or 3, and the ones I don’t need are at level 6.
- Crafting – Kelvorn’s at level 31 right now, and he should be working with Iron already. But he still at Barrow-Iron level.
- Costumes – He just looks horrible, and needs to dress for success.
So, that’s my plan to fix Kelvorn, my first MMO character. I’m hoping that he’d be fix and reach level 50 by the end of the year.